CALL FOR ART ENTRIES
Georgetown Art Works invites Texas Artists to submit for the 2017 Art Hop competition
Show Location: Georgetown, TX
Call Description: The 2017 Art Hop is a statewide juried art exhibit, organized by Georgetown Art Works. Georgetown Art Works is a non-profit organization dedicated to promoting the arts in the city of Georgetown, TX.
Who’s Eligible: Open to any 16 years or older Texas resident.
The participating venues are Georgetown Art Center and the Georgetown Public Library.
- 2D Abstract – Subject matter is abstract. Any 2D Medium:Painting, watercolor, encaustic, acrylic, oil, mixed Media, digital art, collage, gouache, ink, graphite, pastel, etc…
- 2D Representational – Subject matter is Representational. Any medium: Painting, watercolor, encaustic, acrylic, oil, mixed Media, digital art, collage, gouache, ink, graphite, pastel, etc…
- 3D – Ceramics, sculpture, 3D, assemblage, etc…
- Photography – any photographic medium
ENTRIES ARE DUE BY AUGUST 15, 2017
- August 15, 2017: Entries are due
- September 5, 2017: Art Hop Participants Announced
- September 23, 2017: Shipped Entries are due
- September 24, 2017: Hand Delivered Entries are due at each individual venue to be specified upon acceptance. Volunteers will be available from noon to 3 pm to receive artwork
- September 29, 2017: Art Hop Exhibit Opens
- September 30, 2017: Artist Reception & Awards Ceremony
- October 28, 2017: Art Hop Exhibit Ends
- October 29, 2017: Artwork pick up at the participating venues from 1-3 PM
- November 4, 2017: Return mailing of shipped entries begins
The 2017 Art Hop will award over $5,000 in Cash & Prizes
Best of Show Award: $1000 Cash & Prizes
Individual Categories Awards (2D Representational, 2D Abstract, Photography & 3D)
- First Place: $500 Cash & Prizes
- Second Place: $300 Cash
- Third Place: $200 Cash
Artist Eligibility: All artists residing in Texas and 16 years or older are eligible
2D, 3D, and Photography – maximum of 5 pieces can be entered per artist
- $35 – up to three pieces of artwork
- $50 – four or five pieces of artwork
Artwork Eligibility Specifications:
- The 2017 Art Hop is open to any artist 16 years or older residing in the state of Texas
- All art submissions must have been completed between January 1, 2016 and August 15, 2017
- Accepted artwork must be available for the 2017 Art Hop exhibit. It must be delivered by September 23, 2017 to the selected venue.
- Digital retouching and/or editing of completed art images are not acceptable as a representation of original art.
- Artists must own the copyright of the artwork submitted. Only original art will be accepted.
- Labeling – each entry must be securely labeled on the back of the art with the artist’s full name, phone, address, title of piece, medium, size and price (even if it’s not for sale. Just note that it is not for sale)
2D & Photography Wall pieces Artwork Requirements:
Artwork should be no larger than 150 united inches (length + height). If artwork is framed, the frame must be included in the measurement. Each piece must be properly wrapped if shipped and ready to hang with suitable wire. No saw-tooth hangers or string, please. Artwork must have a professional presentation.
3D, Ceramics, Sculpture Requirements:
3D floor pieces may be of any size in any permanent medium. If a sculpture requires a pedestal, it must be included with the entry.
HOW TO SUBMIT YOUR ARTWORK ENTRIES
Artwork Entry Submission Requirements:
- Art images must be cropped and exclude any frames or mats
- Images must accurately represent the original art
- JPEG (.jpg) files only
- Each file must be less than 1200 pixels on the longest side
- The file size can not exceed 10 MB
Our Preference: Online
- Upload your artwork online by August 15, 2017
- Pay entry fees through PayPal
- *** Make sure that you upload all of your images before you click on the submit button. IF you upload one work of art and hit submit, you won’t be able to add other works without contacting us.***
Mail Entry requirements:
Mail Entries must be received by August 15, 2017.
If you choose to send your artwork through the mail, all entries must be submitted on a CD or DVD using JPEG (.jpg) files only. Art images must be cropped and exclude any frames or mats. Images must accurately represent the original work.
Each file size must be 1200 pixels or less on the longest size, the file size must be no larger than 10 mb. For art to be accepted, file sizes must match this requirement.
Each image must be named and saved on a disk (CD or DVD), each entry must be labeled with the artist’s last name and title (artistname_title.jpg). Each disk must properly labeled with your full name, email and telephone number, in case we need to contact you with any questions.
Complete the entry form ( web address), print it and make sure to mail it with your entry. Please note that any disks or other materials submitted will not be returned.
Please mail to:
Georgetown Art Works
2017 Art Hop Competition
1102 S. Austin Ave. Suite 110-118
Georgetown, Texas 78626
Artists are responsible for all shipping expenses and transit insurance costs to and from Georgetown Art Works shipping address.
Prepaid return shipping labels must be submitted either with the work. Works without a pre-paid return shipping label will not be returned. Shipping packaging and artwork must be clearly marked to identify the artist, and packaging must be re-usable for the return shipping, and include re-packaging and installation instructions as necessary.
Shipped artwork must arrive no later than Sunday, September 24, 2017. Shipped artwork must have a prepaid address label in the package for return shipment. No packaging peanuts allowed. We’ll begin shipping artwork back during the week of November 4, 2017.
TERMS OF ENTRY FOR ENTRANTS:
- I understand that any entries not conforming to specified guidelines will be eliminated from consideration.
- I accept that the entry fee is non-refundable.
- If selected as an 2017 Art Hop participant and/or award winner
- I agree that my work(s) will be available for exhibition during the specified dates of the 2017 Art Hop
- I grant permission to Georgetown Art Works to exhibit &display my work on the Georgetown Art Center website
- I understand that I retain full rights to my art images. Georgetown Art Works will not use my art and images for any other kind of promotional work without expressed written consent
- Should an entry of mine sell during the 2017 Art Hop exhibition; I agree that Georgetown Art Works will take a 30% commission. I will receive the remaining 70%. Sales tax will be received and paid by Georgetown Art Works.
Liability statement: I understand that the reasonable care will be given to my work(s) during handling, hanging, exhibiting, and transporting. I will not hold Georgetown Art Works or any venue or participant in this art show responsible for personal injury, loss, or damage to my art. Artists are encouraged to secure insurance for their work if necessary.
SPECIAL THANKS TO OUR SPONSORS: