Call for Art
Georgetown Art Works invites Texas Artists to submit for the 2019 Art Hop Juried Art Exhibit
Show Location: Georgetown, TX
Call Description: The 2019 Art Hop exhibit is a statewide juried art exhibit, organized by Georgetown Art Works. Georgetown Art Works (Georgetown Art Center) is a non-profit organization dedicated to promoting the arts in the City of Georgetown, Texas.
The 2019 Art Hop will be held in the historic district of Georgetown from September 27, 2019 through October 26, 2019.
The participating venues are Georgetown Art Center and the Georgetown Public Library.
The 2019 Art Hop will award cash / prizes for the Best in Show plus additional cash / prizes for individual categories.
Who’s Eligible: Open to any 16 years or older Texas resident.
- 2D Abstract – Subject matter is abstract. Any 2D Medium: Painting, watercolor, encaustic, acrylic, oil, mixed Media, digital art, collage, gouache, ink, graphite, pastel, printmaking (Giclee reproductions are not permitted).
- 2D Representational – Subject matter is Representational. Any medium: Painting, watercolor, encaustic, acrylic, oil, mixed media, digital art, collage, gouache, ink, graphite, pastel, printmaking (Giclee reproductions are not permitted).
- 3D – Ceramics, sculpture, 3D, assemblage, etc…
- Photography – any photographic medium
- August 4, 2019: Entries are due
- September 3, 2019: Art Hop Participants Announced
- September 19, 2019: Shipped Entries are due
- September 22, 2019: Hand Delivered Entries are due at each individual venue to be specified upon acceptance. Volunteers will be available from noon to 3 pm to receive artwork.
- September 27, 2019: Art Hop Exhibit Opens
- September 28, 2019: Artist Reception & Awards Ceremony
- October 26, 2019: Art Hop Exhibit Closes
- October 27, 2019: Artwork pick up at participating venues Sunday from noon – 3 pm
- November 3, 2019: Return mailing of shipped entries begins
2019 Art Hop Judges
- 2D Representational: Danny Grant
- 2D Abstract: Hallie Rae Ward
- 3D: Lisa Orr
- Photography: Rudy Ximenez
Artist Eligibility: All artists residing in Texas and 16 years or older are eligible
maximum of 5 pieces can be entered per artist
- $35 – up to three pieces of artwork
- $50 – four or five pieces of artwork
Artwork Eligibility Specifications:
- The 2019 Art Hop Exhibit is open to any artist 16 years or older residing in the state of Texas.
- All art submissions must have been completed between January 1, 2018 and August 4, 2019. Earlier works will automatically be disqualified. Works that were submitted to a previous Art Hop will also be disqualified.
- Accepted artwork must be available for the 2019 Art Hop exhibit. It must be delivered by September 22, 2019 to the venue to be specified upon acceptance.
- Artists must own the copyright of the artwork submitted. Only original art will be accepted.
- Labeling – each entry must be securely labeled on the back of the art with the artist’s full name, phone, address, title of piece, medium, size and price (even if it’s not for sale. Just note that it is not for sale)
- Descriptions of work are not necessary, but may be helpful in case judges have questions or need additional information.
2D & Photography Wall pieces Artwork Requirements:
Each piece must be properly wrapped if shipped and ready to hang with suitable wire. No saw tooth hangers or string, please. Artwork must have a professional presentation. Please include the size of the frame when giving dimensions.
3D, Ceramics, Sculpture Requirements:
If the sculpture includes a base, it must be included in the size measurement. The Art Center has a limited number of pedestals available for sculptural artworks.
HOW TO SUBMIT YOUR ARTWORK ENTRIES
Artwork Entry Submission Requirements:
- Art images must be cropped and exclude any frames or mats
- Images must accurately represent the original art
- JPEG (.jpg) files only
- Each file must be less than 1200 pixels on the longest side
- The file size can not exceed 10 MB
- Upload your artwork online by August 4, 2019
- Pay entry fees through PayPal
- *** Make sure that you upload all of your images before you click on the submit button. IF you upload one work of art and hit submit, you won’t be able to add other works without contacting us.***
TERMS OF ENTRY FOR ENTRANTS:
- I understand that any entries not conforming to specified guidelines will be eliminated from consideration.
- I accept that the entry fee will not be refunded.
- If selected as an 2019 Art Hop participant:
- I agree that my work(s) will be available for exhibition during the specified dates of the 2019 Art Hop
- I grant permission to Georgetown Art Works to display images of my work(s) on the Georgetown Art Center website
- I understand that I retain full rights to my art images. Georgetown Art Works will not use my art and images for any other kind of promotional work without expressed written consent
- Should an entry of mine sell during the 2019 Art Hop; I agree that Georgetown Art Works will take a 30% commission. I will receive the remaining 70%. Sales tax will be received and paid by Georgetown Art Works.
Liability statement: I understand that the reasonable care will be given to my work(s) during handling, hanging, exhibiting, and transporting. I will not hold Georgetown Art Works or any venue or participant in this art show responsible for personal injury, loss, or damage to my art. Artists are encouraged to secure insurance for their work if necessary.
Thank you to our sponsors
Sarah J Blankenship, LLC Artist