CALL FOR ART ENTRIES
Georgetown Art Works invites Texas Artists to submit for the 2020 Art Hop competition
Show Location: Georgetown, TX
Call Description: The 2020 Art Hop is a statewide juried art exhibit, organized by Georgetown Art Works. Georgetown Art Works is a non-profit organization dedicated to promoting the arts in the city of Georgetown, TX.
Who’s Eligible: Open to any 16 years or older Texas resident.
The participating venues are Georgetown Art Center and the Georgetown Public Library.
- 2D Abstract – Subject matter is abstract. Any 2D Medium: Painting, watercolor, printmaking (only original prints), encaustic, acrylic, oil, mixed Media, digital art, collage, gouache, ink, graphite, pastel. Giclee reproductions are not permitted.
- 2D Representational – Subject matter is Representational. Any medium: Painting, watercolor, printmaking (only original prints), encaustic, acrylic, oil, mixed Media, digital art, collage, gouache, ink, graphite, pastel. Giclee reproductions are not permitted.
- 3D – Ceramics, sculpture, 3D, assemblage, etc…
- Photography – any photographic medium
ENTRIES ARE DUE BY JULY 31, 2020
- July 31, 2020: Entries are due
- September 1, 2020: Art Hop Participants Announced
- September 224, 2020: Shipped Entries are due
- September 27, 2020: Hand Delivered Entries are due at each individual venue to be specified upon acceptance. Volunteers will be available from noon to 3 pm to receive artwork
- October 2, 2020: Art Hop Exhibit Opens
- October 3, 2020: Progressive Artist Receptions & Awards Ceremony
- October 31, 2020: Art Hop Exhibit Ends
- November 3, 2020: Artwork pick up at the participating venues from 1-3 PM
- November 4, 2020: Return mailing of shipped entries begins
Artist Eligibility: All artists residing in Texas and 16 years or older are eligible
2D, 3D, and Photography – maximum of 5 pieces can be entered per artist
- $35 – up to three pieces of artwork
- $50 – four or five pieces of artwork
Entry fees are non-refundable.
Artwork Eligibility Specifications:
- The 2020 Art Hop is open to any artist 16 years or older residing in the state of Texas
- All art submissions must have been completed between January 1, 2018 and August 15, 2020
- Accepted artwork must be available for the 2020 Art Hop exhibit.
- Digital retouching and/or editing of completed art images are not acceptable as a representation of original art.
- Artists must own the copyright of the artwork submitted.
- Only original art will be accepted. Earlier works will automatically be disqualified. Works that were submitted to previous Art Hop calls will also be disqualified.
2D & Photography Wall pieces Artwork Requirements:
Artwork should be no larger than 60 inches on a side. If artwork is framed, the frame must be included in the measurement. Each piece must be properly wrapped if shipped and ready to hang with suitable wire. No saw-tooth hangers or string, please. Artwork must have a professional presentation.
3D, Ceramics, Sculpture Requirements:
3D floor pieces in any permanent medium may be no larger than 60 inches in length or height on any side AND no heavier than 50 lbs. If a sculpture requires a pedestal, a pedestal may be included with the entry. We have a limited number of pedestals available for 3-D presentation.
Each entry must be securely labeled on the back of the art with artist’s full name, phone, address, title of piece, medium, size, and price (if work is not for sale, please note this on the label).
HOW TO SUBMIT YOUR ARTWORK ENTRIES
Artwork Entry Submission Requirements:
- Art images must be cropped and exclude any frames or mats
- Images must accurately represent the original art
- JPEG (.jpg) and .pdf files only
- Images must be a minimum of 100KB and maximum of 10MB.
- Upload your artwork online by July 31, 2020
- Pay entry fees through PayPal
- *** Make sure that you upload all of your images before you click on the submit button. IF you upload one work of art and hit submit, you won’t be able to add other works.***
TERMS OF ENTRY FOR ENTRANTS:
- I understand that any entries not conforming to specified guidelines will be eliminated from consideration.
- I accept that the entry fee is non-refundable.
- If selected as an 2020 Art Hop participant and/or award winner
- I agree that my work(s) will be available for exhibition during the specified dates of the 2017 Art Hop
- I grant permission to Georgetown Art Works to exhibit &display my work on the Georgetown Art Center website
- I understand that I retain full rights to my art images. Georgetown Art Works will not use my art and images for any other kind of promotional work without expressed written consent
- Should an entry of mine sell during the 2020 Art Hop exhibition; I agree that Georgetown Art Works will take a 30% commission. I will receive the remaining 70%. Sales tax will be received and paid by Georgetown Art Works.
Liability statement: I understand that the reasonable care will be given to my work(s) during handling, hanging, exhibiting, and transporting. I will not hold Georgetown Art Works or any venue or participant in this art show responsible for personal injury, loss, or damage to my art. Artists are encouraged to secure insurance for their work if necessary.